Thread: Branding
View Single Post
Old 6 Mar 2017, 20:22 (Ref:3716914)   #24
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Regarding Haas, Ferrari and Alfa...

It seems that there is little link these days between Ferrari and Fiat (and then to Alfa) other than Marchionne and history given Fiat no longer owns Ferrari. Regarding the push by Alfa, I can't imagine an F1 sponsorship is a good way to spend money to increase US sales. I read that Alfa sales increased 843% in Feb 2017! That is because they only sold 47 cars in the US in Feb 2016. Its easy to make improvements like that when you are starting at ground zero from a sales perspective. The problem is that I just think most consumers in the US have no idea what F1 is (let alone watch it), so the advertising may have little impact.

But... for customers of a premium brand in the US it might. A potential Ferrari owner may know about F1 and the history of Ferrari within F1. I think Ferrari builds roughly 8k cars a year with around 25% sold in the US. So expect that is why you see the Ferrari name on the engine in the Haas. Maybe Fiat/Marchionne should have pushed for a US based, but Fiat owned name like "Jeep" to put on the engine cover!

Richard