Thread: Barton, Andy
View Single Post
Old 30 Nov 2006, 22:13 (Ref:1779074)   #41
Andy Barton
Rookie

Andy Barton should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
AC 3000 GTME etc.

Well Gents it sure is nice to see the old man's AC is still doing the rounds, I'll post a pic of it at Brands when I get back from my current business trip.
He won at brands on his only outing, that was even after it was dunched in the door by a BMW.
What I can tell you about the Chevron B40 was that it was the B35 with a few bits B40 bits. Dad wanted to re-build it completely as a B40 after he crashed it but the B40 suspension etc. was not available to him at the time.
Dad hated the B35, said the handling was crap...that's why Chevron quickly brought out the B40.
Oh...and as regards the comment regarding mini's...posted about 2 years ago...it said dad was out for 2yrs after a huge crash...actually he was out for 2 weeks...he wasn't known as the irron man for nowt!
Also, for info, on some occasions..after a heavy drinking session, dad used to have one of his pit crew run out to the car on the starting grid with a bucket so he could pretend to barf in it....used to really un-nerve the opposition