Thread: modsports
View Single Post
Old 9 Apr 2008, 06:55 (Ref:2173619)   #79
jellison
Veteran

England
Surrey
jellison has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slippy Diff
I wasn't comparing the Healey to anything (I asked for comparisons), you were. As Simon said, I was asking for direct period comparisons. I have no interest in historic cars that are built in a modern style and run on super sticky tyres. Either run pre 65 Appendix K or race something built in the last 10 years. That is MY opinion. The fact is, that a good Healey is extremely competitive in historic racing, especially the long distance races.
Thats for you views on what we SHOULD race!

I have run my TR4 for the last 20 years and have run it on what ever tyres were allowed at the time or in the championship. Only car that are pre-65 have to run these stoneage tyres. I think you will find there were fantatsic radial and sticky tyres from the 70's to the present day. Modsports - which is what we are discussing here I doubt ran on this Appendix K crappy L or M section things - they woul have run on whatever was deemed a good race tyre at the time.

Sorry but I will be racing a 71 TR6 on Yoko's in my next race for 60's and 70's Historic cars.