Thread: modsports
View Single Post
Old 10 Apr 2008, 06:54 (Ref:2174284)   #82
davyboy
Veteran

davyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slippy Diff
The TR4 is a pre 65 car, so why are we discussing sticky tyres from the 70s? In fact, why are we discussing this in the modsports thread.
Good point. I'm not so sure what this is all about. Back in the 1970s, when Midgets, Spitfires, TRs etc... were modified and had slicks, they were relatively current, not historic. As I mentioned above, they would be the equivalent of taking MX5s, MR2s etc... out today. It seems that this discussion is about the recreation of 1970s, fiddled and tweaked with, in 2008. Its a bit like Meck putting a dance beat over the top of Leo Sayer's 1977 'Thunder in my heart' in music terms.