View Single Post
Old 7 Mar 2012, 23:49 (Ref:3036735)   #1501
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by porsche91722 View Post
What promotion??? If you call the B12 website and a couple of YouTube video's, promotion. If that's the best the promoters could do, they did a good job of keeping the whole event a secret.
Lowndes is Australia's most well known motorsport personality, who just happens to drive in the most popular series. Audi saw in him, the capabilities of a good endurance driver (along with Luff). Yeah, it's a good bit of PR, more so for their busloads of dealer hacks and hangers on who got the full corporate spread laid on for the day.
Strictly from a selfish motorsport fans perspective, I couldn't give a rats about the numbers who turn up on race day. We got to go, just about anywhere we wanted to, around the circuit, during the 3 days we were there. I realize that for the event to grow and prosper, race day attendances will have to improve, but to see, up close and personal, some of the worlds best GT cars and a lot of great drivers racing around Australia's and arguably one of the worlds best tracks, it doesn't get any better (in Aus anyway).
Endurance racing isn't always about the finishing result, but we couldn't expect bogan V8SC fans to get that.
Sorry, I just had to throw that in, but you leave yourself wide open sometimes.
as i said those same people, like yourself, who critiscise the v8 bathurst race for certain shortcomings, happily accept the same shortcomings in the 12 hour race. Bit not only accept them you celebrate them.

As you pointed out, ther was limited promotion, apparantly some on here think thats a good thing, but what little there was was promoted to the fans of the v8 series, because afterall many of them are motorsport fans, apprantly they are some moronic underclass though

I dont think there is a need for name calling, usally name calling is for those that really dont have an argument.