View Single Post
Old 4 Mar 2017, 16:43 (Ref:3716470)   #753
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by delta View Post
Anyone else daft enough to get up at 5.30 this morning . Mrs Delta says why are you getting up so early . Sounds of the 60's with Tony Blackburn on radio 2 At 6 am . Thought the show was brilliant .
Shop in the local CoOp and you will hear stuff like that (60s) much of the time.

Yesterday they had clearly got a funding crisis in play and must have been looking for the cheapest royalty tracks available.

The period was probably early 60s but it was difficult to be sure because they were playing stuff I have never heard before most of which was truly dire to the point where I thing the artists involved would probably leave the shop if they happened to be there at the time. Utterly utterly horrible with no redeeming aspects at all.

Obviously not Blackburn of course ... but then, back in the day ...

It reminded me of a site that has a collection of bad album covers. You could imagine the music would have to have a dreadful cover if it had ever been released.

So I thought I would offer a link to it for the delight of all here. Had not looked at it for a while. The cover at the top of the page is new and had to be one of the best ever. Possibly unbeatable for true awfulness.

(Although now I have had a swift further look at it .... maybe not. There are some veritable crackers to discover.)

Here you go ...

http://www.stevecarter.com/albumcovers.htm

Probably best not to be holding a drink of any sort when you open the link.