View Single Post
Old 24 May 2016, 16:00 (Ref:3644103)   #21
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
i thought it was smart to hedge their bets.

personally i like the mixed strategy/split strategy approach as i find that more preferable then keeping both drivers on the same strategy and then forcing on one of the cars the less optimal version of it (either having them stop a lap earlier or a lap later/making them subject to the undercut).

for me they were both looking for the win as opposed to what has become the typical Williams approach of just going for points and somewhat afraid of ever taking a chance to aim for the top step or the Merc approach of needing to keep everything equal.

so i guess i found both Ferrari's and RB's approach a bit old school and refreshing in that decisions were made on the pit wall and not based on some computer model which said what the optimal theoretical strategy should be and then being bound by it....so imo i dont think they messed up at all. quite the opposite really in that it showed flexibility

that said, that was just my perception as i havent read anything yet from them talking about the logic of their decisions.