View Single Post
Old 18 Dec 2016, 09:55 (Ref:3696918)   #366
Dutton
Veteran

United Nations
Not Much North of Montana
Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!
I came to ask what JHamilton did about whether or not bothering with NASCAR for the year was a bad move. I nearly tuned in for the few events that I would specifically look forward to each year, but didn't quite do it.

It is all automated on my PVR system so I certainly could have watched every race, but it just didn't get me. I can't say I missed it all that much. It was all just starting to get a bit much with the silliness.

When they introduced the chase I tended to not really see the chase races after the first couple of seasons with it (would usually get three or four) as it all seemed a bit "What is the point?" to me. It was frustrating. A season as long as NASCAR's should be about the long haul; it just feels rather wrong to me to try to invalidate all that went before.

Perhaps I will plug back in in 2017, but from comments here maybe there is not much point.

How sad the state of affairs has become.