Old 27 Dec 2016, 02:34 (Ref:3698590)   #37
Dougie
Rookie

United States
Pacific Northwest
Dougie should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Turner View Post
I don't know whether this appeals but feel free anyone to join in. One of my favourite pics for this year is one from very early on in the season, taken at VSCC Spring Start meeting. It features the Nash Healey that finished 3rd at Le Mans in 1952. The car is now owned by José M. Fernandez who very kindly entered it in the Tom Cole Trophy Race for Sam Stretton to drive. It hadn't been seen racing in the UK since 1951, and never before in its open 1952 form. A truly wonderful piece of history, it's outing generated even more enthusiasm from José to get it absolutely right so it is now having a lot of period correct detailing work undertaken and with any luck, we may see it out again in the latter half of next season.

In this photo Sam is seen talking to Paul Woolmer of Woolmer Classic Restoration (our main FISCAR sponsor providing our base and hospitality unit at our events). Behind is the lovely Sunbeam Alpine Le Mans of Keith Hampson which some of you may recall was later stolen but subsequently recovered intact. Every picture tells a story and this one tells several. I will dig out some more, but as I say, if anyone else wants to pick some of their favourite 2016 images, please do so.

Incidentally, I accept that some may have already seen this photo before but maybe not the story attached to it.
John -

Here's a nice historic photo of the same Hash Healey.
Attached Thumbnails
nashhealy.jpg  
'57 100-SIX MM #414 G2