Thread: F1 in schools
View Single Post
Old 7 Mar 2010, 16:29 (Ref:2646693)   #24
fourWheelDrift
Veteran

United Kingdom
fourWheelDrift should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridfourWheelDrift should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridfourWheelDrift should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridfourWheelDrift should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralf's Girl View Post
I agree that this is how F1 best sits within a school environment. You can't "do F1" in PE the way you might play football or do athletics, but considering the lack of interest that a lot of kids have in scientific subjects (or subjects that are in any way complex), I would have thought that presenting them with an opportunity to learn how the skills are applied in an environment like F1 would be a good way of getting them interested. And of course, if a school is fortunate enough to be situated anywhere near an F1 team's factory, why not arrange a visit rather than expecting the team to come to you? It has to be better than the visit to Blackburn Rovers FC that I was saddled with when I was at school.
I certainly agree with this, in my experience these kinds of things tend to be driven by relationships with local organisations, maybe there are schools that have a racing team round the corner they have an annual visit to, I wouldn't be a bit surprised if it's happening in a small way somewhere and we just don't know.