View Single Post
Old 14 Nov 2003, 17:15 (Ref:783438)   #76
Paul Rayner
Veteran

Paul Rayner should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Redracer57
We would cover all the FF1600 Championships (NOT Zetecs) SWFF, SOM, NWFF, CCFF, Classics and Historics (r they not the same?)

Each club would need 2 members to the production team. One as the driver rep/chairman of the Championship for example Diz in NWFF or Peter Daly in the SOM etc (if they were keen) and each championship would then have a website manager for example Paul Rayner in the NWFF and Ian for the SOM etc. They would be responsible for updating news, results and pictures as soon as possible after each race. THIS IS KEY. An updated site is a USED site. If it is not updated people will stop using it and it will fail. The website would then have to be designed to include a CMS system (Content Management System). This would allow the web editor for each championship an ultra easy way of up dating the info which can be used on any computer with an internet connection.

We would then have other areas of the site such as -

Entry Details, For Sale, News, Forum, Billboard, "Live" MST timings (TBC).
Time for me to put my worth in from my part-time web site making experience.
Sounds like this will be part-time for lots of people, which may make it difficult to keep it up-to-date with too much information. Because of this I would be wary of trying to run before you crawl.

Entry details are simple - a link to the right place on the organiser's web site, for sale details could be good, but would need to be very regularly updated (another source of income maybe?), forum and billboard - isn't that the same, basically this place? Live MST times I would think would be quite expensive (and besides, are many people really going to watch other regional championships live on MST?)

Reports would be simple enough - get someone along to the races, and write stuff - but this would have to be impartial, not influenced by championship organisers. Another thing that was mentioned was pictures - that could be good, but you'd need to find a photographer for each championship that could supply same-day photos to the site in an alright size, perhaps they could then sell the full-size ones through the site?