Thread: 2012 season
View Single Post
Old 4 Oct 2011, 08:34 (Ref:2965372)   #1
simon drabble
Veteran

simon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
2012 season

I wonder what impact the current meltdown in the financial markets will have - when we last saw this in 2008 it had precious little effect in historics but grass root modern national series did suffer as sponsors disappeared.
Having a foot in both camps I am seeing the difference between the two - the larger historic preppers are still busy and charging like a wounded buffalo yet the modern club guys are adapting to the new paradigm...
I think the historics might see a different environment next year where clubbies (I most definitely see myself in that camp) will cherry pick UK rounds and the European rounds will be frequented by the multi car owners.. whether that makes grids uncommenrcial remains to be seen but for sure the number of "clubbies" going to Monza etc I think will be down...
Be under no illusion it is very ugly out there with no apparent answer other than ECB ponzi schemes to paper over the cracks.....