Thread: 2012 season
View Single Post
Old 5 Oct 2011, 11:31 (Ref:2966055)   #15
ascona i2000
Racer

ascona i2000 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Weyman View Post
Its a real problem that needs addressing. I can live without the Barbys, the newsletters I seldom read, the expensive shows where you get a dozen enquires all weekend, The fancy support vehicle (why do we need this??), the expensive decals, the end of season awards, the end of season do unless its self financing the lot and I can also live without the additional hundred quid to join ontop of the main clubs membership fee. Do away with all the unneccessaries, have a nice club website and forum, all members contacted by email or text and that hundred quid could be £25 which no one would mind. Also any sponsorship money goes into the pot for the drivers.
Al, as i have said many times before, what is the need for barbies, very high priced club van which sits for 355 of 365 days a year, and the list could go on. I have felt for some time that if a token amount of prize money was put in to a championship and heres the key "PROMOTE IT PROPERLY" it would pay dividends in increased entries. Just a little something back to the drivers in a world where all we do is shell out and shell out. In this day and age prize money is totally unheard of, i think it may prick alot of peoples ears up. Risky, maybe, but what isnt...