View Single Post
Old 16 May 2000, 12:42 (Ref:892)   #4
Super Tourer
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
East Anglia
Super Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuper Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuper Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuper Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I have though about this before....

Having teams leads to innovation and the chance to gain an edge, as F1 is supposed to be the pinnacle I guess (as debated elsewhere in this forum), the answer is to regulate the series to improve competition.

However one thing I have thought of is to make much more of the F3000 series. I would like to see it run like Champ Cars with longer races, re-fuelling pit-stops etc. I think it would be interesting to see the reaction to this format amongst the race fans, as the cars are identical.

As the chances of drivers reaching F1 are so slim these days it could prove a good place for drivers to aspire to and stay in for the rest of their careers, as the stepping stone to F1 is almost unattainable.

It would also have the plus point of preparing drivers better for F1 (should there be any vacant seats !) as they will have experienced pitstops and strategy racing already.

What do you think ?