View Single Post
Old 22 Feb 2014, 18:06 (Ref:3371062)   #172
Lizardfolk
Rookie

Taiwan
Lizardfolk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt View Post
What everyone forgets as well, is that over in Germany, Audi/Mercedes/BMW is just like Ford/Chevrolet/Chrysler here, and Toyota/Nissan/Honda in Japan.

Mainstream domestic manufactures in hot-rodded versions of their big sellers(except for Japan because GTR/NSX), that'd equal the Camaro Z28, Mustang GT500 and Challenger SRT8. The only true "premium" brand in the two series is Lexus.
That's a good point. Guess we'll wait and see. I don't think Cadillac would be that much of a far cry from the American consumer however. I see quite a few Cadillacs on the streets here and there being in Utah. Lincoln is a lot more rare.

Honestly looking at the 2014 pony cars, I would now agree that it's a better idea to use those. My original objection to them was that they have a very square body which wouldn't fit too well with the rounded DTM silhouette design. But the body is very rounded for the 2014 Camaro and Mustang:

I can see these two as DTM cars as well. In fact, the Mustang has raced in 90s DTm before