View Single Post
Old 26 May 2015, 21:27 (Ref:3541558)   #1
Crackers
Rookie

Crackers should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Global GT Lights, GT1, GT2

Hi all

I'm just wondering whether it's possible to get any opinions and thoughts about this range of cars. They've been out of effective production for a few years and grid numbers have dwindled seriously. I'm not sure whether that's simply due to lack of availability of spares but I can't really see that there's any significant competition for these cars apart from a few kit cars as the alternatives seem much more expensive.

People who still drive them tell me they're fantastic cars and have been incredible value for money and I'd have thought, with a small amount of modernising, they'd still be a great entry to sports car racing without blowing a huge budget.

In OSS they've been running in pretty much a class of their own, tho a couple of Aquila Synergy's have appeared this year (kit cars) which seem to be well down on lap times at the start of the season.

I'd be interested to know people's opinions and experiences and whether anyone thinks there might be any interest in the market place for people to start racing these cars again.

What does anyone think?

J