Thread: Ff1600
View Single Post
Old 21 May 2003, 23:01 (Ref:606384)   #70
edmse
Rookie

edmse should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Haha I knew I was right about Gary - he and I raced Karts in the early 90's and he was a good guy. He was run by Colin Thorpe - another nice chap!

And yes we are in agreement about a good few things.

A chap is supposed to be buying the car next week - but there seem to be a few timewasters present, so if he brings me the money then all well and good, but I am not despereate to sell - Autosport keep putting the ad in, I only paid for 3 weeks!

My new RF00 is far too pretty to sell. My pace is more dependent on the time I have available to prep my car - I am far too busy with the business, as is Dad with the Farm. Need a good new helper - any offers?!

We even have a 1980 Swift DM3 that is an ace car in Classic FF1600 that if we had time we would wheel out. It's the last car my Dad made.

Both Peter Daly and I were well below Mike Bennett's Silverstone Int. lap record the other week and the only times I struggled with Russell Dixon was when sorting out the all new Ray which was in 1997, once sorted it was easy! (not wishing to sound big headed but that is the truth).

Perhaps the strength in depth is down a little, but it will come back I am sure.

Here's hoping for a little good fortune on Monday!