Old 21 Jan 2015, 03:20 (Ref:3494670)   #366
TWR VL
Rookie

Australia
Melbourne
TWR VL should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thanks lostcroc,
Will check the website out.
As I am lead to believe they are "accounted for" and that's my concern atm.
It's possible the car was re shelled and the new shell continued with the original log book.
I believe the two cars you speak of are one in the same.
Moffat car repaired and then smashed by Scott.
That's when I think the car was replaced and the original damaged shell was acquired by jagparts. It's also possible it went to Lansvale smash repairs and then to jagparts but that part I'm not 100 percent sure about. I do remember Paul telling me when i picked it up in 2010 that it was the original Moffat shell and he mentioned something about Lansvale smash repairs but i can't recall what it was.
The receipt i have says my chassis is the one sold at the jagparts auction and it was sold as a damaged ex HDT VK shell. I paid $13,500 for it in 2010 as a converted VL but he wrote the car down on my receipt as a VK with the chassis number AVK on my receipt and he even wrote the original cams cage number on the receipt. It had been converted to a road car and cage had been removed and discarded by that time but he had kept the cage number.
The chassis was sold to the guy i bought it from in NSW his name is Paul and it came from the jagparts auction and the persons name on that receipt is Gerald from Cronulla. Pauls original receipt from jagparts also said HDT VK shell damaged. I presumed it was a VL and didn't even notice the receipt saying AVK till later on as Paul just said it's the damaged Moffat shell from jagparts. Only later did i discover the repairs and panel changes and Pauls original receipt saying ex HDT VK shell.
Will keep you posted.
Thanks.

Last edited by TWR VL; 21 Jan 2015 at 03:45. Reason: more info