View Single Post
Old 9 Aug 2001, 15:16 (Ref:128084)   #4
SNH
Racer

England
Staffordshire, England
SNH should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
While it is a possible cause for concern that the some of the CSCC races are not full subscribed, I think that there are other championships that are in a worse state. This does not mean that the CSCC should not look at ways of improving grids, or the reasons for the drop in numbers.
One of the problems with historic type saloons is that the MSA have allowed a number of series to be started, which are in competition for the cars that are eligible for the CSCC Historic cars. Perhaps the best thing the MSA could do is get these series to form one championship under the control of one club, (I would say CSCC, but I may be biased). The HSCC has always been a sportscar club, & now runs a saloon championship, whereas the CSCC has always been a saloon club, perhaps a line should be drawn on the type of cars a club can run.
The Pre-90s are the next logical step for the club, but these series take a while to get the grids, (the Pre74s, which is a success now, started relatively slowly). Time is just needed for it to become the major success that the Pre83 & Pre74s are now.
As for other series, the SuperCoupes is a good way of giving ex-one makes cars a place to race. But, the MSA should not allow these championship to start unless they can prove that they will be a success.
I don't think we should look at the CSCC as a club in decline. The Committee & the club will ensure the continuance of the series under their control & the club will still be around for a long time yet!