View Single Post
Old 19 Jul 2017, 16:35 (Ref:3752828)   #15
chernaudi
Veteran

United States
Mansfield, Ohio
chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!
I don't think that the ACO or FIA or anyone else have a JOF who's decisions can't be appealed. Also, every document I've seen of those organizations do say that a decision made by a race director or the officials' panel can be appealed, even if it's black and white that someone did something wrong.

Also, the FIA's judgement of such things does differ from the MSA: MSA says that you can have the outside or inside wheels on the curb but not beyond it. FIA says that the wheels on the outside of an inside curb/inside of an outside curb have to be still on the racing surface.

Also, doesn't organizations like the ACO and FIA have GPS so they can track and see who could be exceeding track limits where they're trying to enforce them?

IMO, right now the FIA are kind of in a no win situation. They don't do something, questions get asked about track limits, they do something, drivers and teams complain about car damage and stuff like that.

I'd think that having curbs like the outside curbs at Road America that upset the car and disturb traction but won't necessarily cause an accident or spin is a solution. Or paint that either doesn't offer up as much grip as pavement or, like Paul Ricard, wears out tires if you go too far off line.