View Single Post
Old 4 Feb 2010, 03:24 (Ref:2626106)   #27
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhansen View Post
The grid is still pretty sparse, but superbike looks something like this so far:

Josh Hayes - Graves Yamaha
Ben Bostrom - Pat Clark Yamaha (bike from Graves)
Chris Clark - Pat Clark Yamaha (bike from Graves)
Tommy Hayden - Yoshimura Suzuki
Blake Young - Yoshimura Suzuki
Aaron Yates - Jordan Suzuki
Jake Zemki - Jordan Suzuki
Taylor Knapp - Ridersdiscount Suzuki ('09 Yoshimura bike)
John Hopkins - M4 Suzuki
Chris Ulrich - Roadracing World
Larry Pegram - Foremost Ducati

I watched a webcast from the AMA test yesterday. I guess Aprilia are still trying to do a deal (maybe KWS?) BMW have abandoned talks. Don't see KTM coming either. And no fulltime Honda or Kawi bikes so far. Maybe some other privateer entries and one off appearances. I know Jeff Tigert will run his Honda at Daytona.

The problem is the purse for superbike is very low. It gives little incentive for anyone with a small budget to run. We could likely see grid sizes in the 12 to 16 range.
there are always the "locals" that fill the field, right? surely, they are struggling like most others with funding, but even 16 bikes?! that's pretty lame.

i really have lost touch with series over the past 2 years. shame, really. WAS great, but can only improve, i hope.