Thread: LM24 Race Le Mans:3D
View Single Post
Old 15 Jun 2015, 10:49 (Ref:3550680)   #24
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
Gingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
They had a camera down at Indianapolis at the crack of dawn and on the inside of Arnage during the night. They must have hours upon hours of footage, possibly even a week's worth with all the stuff they've filmed in the build-up. From memory, they're following Audi, Toyota, Porsche, Nissan, Rebellion and AMR. They certainly did some filming of AMR and Rebellion testing in France, and I know they had a large presence on Test Day.

I'm really, really excited by the prospect of this. Lots of documentaries in recent years have been good attempts but always fall short for one reason or another, with the exception of Truth in 24 - but even then, I think that resonates the strongest with the people who were actually there or follow the sport closely, because we got to see a side of a famous team which we hadn't seen before. This, on the other hand, is about transmitting the magic of Le Mans to the masses - if they do even half the job they did with Senna, we're onto a winner. I've watched that film with housemates who actively despise Formula One who were completely transfixed from start to finish.

It's easy to underestimate the impact the Steve McQueen film has had on the race and its international flavour and importance, but there was a generation of viewers who watched that film and said "I simply HAVE to go there one day!!" My dad was one of them, and my passion for the event owes everything to that. I wouldn't have discovered it otherwise. But we need a new 'something' for the next generation - look around the spectator bankings at Le Mans and especially in the campsites and there is a notable lack of fans from younger generations. I've got high hopes that this film could be my generation's answer to Steve McQueen's Le Mans.