View Single Post
Old 11 Apr 2017, 18:48 (Ref:3725601)   #16
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
Last year we had one meal at a pub on the road into town. Just up a side road on the right as you go down the hill. Nags Head? Wasn't impressed.

Curry thurs eve sounds my style- Rest of the team won't have arrived and aren't Indian food fans........

Any of the 3 stand out for VFM?
I've not been to the Nag's Head but Management has and was impressed.

One of the partners in the venture has been in the area a long time and generally has a good reputation for the food he offers.

I have heard that he has also recently re-purchased the Bull at Wilson (just south of the circuit more or less opposite the Paddock entrance gate) and that was very good when he owned it previously.

Of the 3 Curry Houses, one is modern style (Gandhi), one is quite cosy (Curry 2 Nite) and the third is, these days, somewhere between the two (Rose of Bengal).

The Rose has been a long time favourite but in recent years it was out of action for an extended period before a refurb and Curry 2 Nite seemed to come into its own. They are opposite each other in Borough Street. Both good. Not much in it price wise. As I recall in successive years the Delta centric crew has decided that both are the places to get the "best curry ever" so presumably either will be fine!

I have not been to the Gandhi. I am told the food is fine the ambience, being "modern", is a matter of, er, taste.

Just up the road is a small bar with craft beers and a racing related decor. Usually packed if there is an event on. Good beers.

Quite a few more places to add to the list. I'll do some preparation.