View Single Post
Old 21 Aug 2018, 12:31 (Ref:3845198)   #318
Tourer
Veteran

Australia
Sideways
Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by FormulaFox View Post
In F3 Americas trim the cars are only producing about 270HP, a fair bit under half what we should be expecting from the Coyote. It's downforce levels are in tune with that 270HP power, so it will be very LOW downforce with a 600-650 HP engine in the back.
They can change a lot of the aero if they need to though - much of it is only bodywork.

It does surprise me that a tub designed for F3 and 4 cylinder engines of about 270bhp is considered to be OK for V8 engines producing more than double the power. Would imagine it'll need work, even if only a larger fuel tank for example.

I suppose we'll find out soon enough when there's a firm announcement but I'm guessing that it is more likely to be based on the F3 chassis but built specifically for this class.