View Single Post
Old 10 Jan 2017, 13:52 (Ref:3701590)   #8
jondownunder
Veteran

United Kingdom
England
jondownunder should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjondownunder should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I went to the Spanish GP in 2013, 2015 & '16. Would definitely recommend it. Easy & regular local trains from Barcelona, a beautiful city in itself.

I've never been to the British GP, but what swings it for me is that Spain offered a free pitlane walkabout on the Thursday (3 hrs long I think) included with a basic general admission weekend ticket. Hopefully it still does, but the website doesn't always make that clear.

If you so wish you have a real chance of meeting some drivers, while you'll also see the teams working & doing practice pit stops etc. It's quite manic and if you have a team in mind (especially Mercedes, Ferrari, McLaren etc) you should join the queue for the pitwalk a few hours early and then expect to run when they let you in to get a place behind the barrier at your chosen team. Drivers will emerge eventually armed with sharpies. Over three GPs managed to 'meet' Hamilton (twice), Rosberg (twice), Vettel, Raikkonen, Massa, Ricciardo, Bianchi, Ericsson, Nasr, Sainz, Pic, Ocon and others. Silverstone only offers a draw for a slim chance of getting into the pitwalk.