Old 2 Mar 2006, 22:47 (Ref:1534992)   #13
Tim Dunlop
Racer

England
Derby, United Kingdom
Tim Dunlop should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
General Test 2nd March 2006

Hi there,

I live about 15 mins from the circuit so I went to Donington this afternoon for about an hour or so (my lunchhour).

I rang the circuit in the morning and the lady on the phone told me spectators were welcome, her exact words were "the more the merrier", she also told me most of the track was open.

I parked just inside the paddock and was free to walk around most of the track. The gate by the Melbourne Hairpin was open so I could walk right round to the underpass by the exhibition centre and then throught the underpass and all around the infield. The weather was ok, if a little cold and when I left about 3pm it had just started lightly snowing. The building work at the track is quite impressive and will give the circuit a much needed update. The only downside of the work was the fact the tunnel from the paddock to the infield is closed at the moment.

There were about 14 teams testing today including many Porsche 911's, VW Beetle Supercup cars, a few Radicals. The highlight of the day however was watching Team LNT testing there two Panoz Esperante GT cars, these things make the most beautiful noise. As always I took my camera and will hopefully post some pics next week.

The testing dates for the rest of March are: - 9th,16th,23rd and 29th.

Regards

Tim