View Single Post
Old 18 Sep 2017, 20:40 (Ref:3768406)   #117
CaptRustyNail
Racer

CaptRustyNail should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Harte View Post
I appreciate that I am a bit of a stuck record, but this is a direct result of the motor racing associations and racing clubs not seriously tackling the lack of drivers observing track limits.

Yes, in this incident it appears to be obvious that Cook had all four wheels on the curbing or grass, but it should be noted that the following Tag car and one of the Motorbase Fords were also way over the white line, plus at least a couple of other cars before them.

I really wish that Race Directors or CoCs would do more to stop this practice. What real deterrent was just removing Goff's fastest time for not observing track limits when he was already on pole? And a five second penalty during the race for a driver who is nearly ten seconds ahead of the car behind?
As is usually the case, its the idiot who makes the daft overtaking move that gets away scott free and the poor guys following it up that take the big damage. All 4 wheels on the grass on the inside of the kerb... jeez, can't even say he was squeezed... Just awful.