Thread: Brabham BT10
View Single Post
Old 19 Mar 2024, 07:43 (Ref:4201846)   #39
Alex E
Racer

Alex E should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Brabham at BMW Munich...

Not sure if this is the best place for this but seems like the best option....
I have recently been discussing the history of the car purchased from Brabham by BMW with a friend who looked after the archive at BMW for many years. In BMW`s photo archive the car is always described as one of the three BT-7`s but I noticed on Allens oldracingcars website that he mentions that the suspension does not look like a BT-7.
BMW bought the car for some world record attempts fitted with a two litre four cylinder Apfelbeck engine, interestingly the man that did the work on the car always described it as an F2 car on internal documents and in his book. Years ago my friend wrote to Sir Jack asking him about this F1 car, his reply just said `this was never an F1 car` but no indication as to what it was.
The car arrived at BMW in December 1965 apparently in very used condition. There has never been any mention of a chassis number as BMW put their own number on it. The obvious thing would be to try and find the original chassis number which I am working on but exactly where would this be located ?
We are thinking now that this is actually a BT10 F2 car...and it seems that not all of these are accounted for...any help appreciated...Alex.