View Single Post
Old 21 Apr 2017, 14:24 (Ref:3728197)   #142
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
ScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Number4 View Post
I wish they could manage to get the schedule to match the Sky EPG, I keep turning on to watch and there is a totally different series racing.
You pay for access to EPG changes, the Major channels like BBC ITV etc, pay for 24/7 instant change capability, so that if like the other day ITV dropped this morning, for ITV News and the BBC shifted BBC1 programmes to BBC 2 and brought the simulcast News channel over from BBC 2 to BBC 1. Their EPGs changed immediately to reflect that. The next step down is daytime instant change in recent years this is what the likes of Eurosport have now. Below the is a 24 hours notice type, then week in advance.

Motors TV have always had the lowest/cheapest EPG rating so on submitting schedules to the EPG 2 weeks or more in advance, they are guessing at how long edits of programmes will be, or that the independent production company will deliver the "tape" in time for the schedule first showing.

Remember in most cases the event won't even have happened when they set the schedules.

With Motorsport.com taking over, they say they are going to invest in the channel, I'm guessing that will include not just the promised HD channel but improved EPG change access so that schedules will updated as required.