View Single Post
Old 25 Apr 2017, 08:48 (Ref:3729079)   #57
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLiTZ View Post
I'd hate to have your day job if you think a day at the BTCC is a short day lol. Ok I know the accident knocked timings on their head a bit, but I was out of the house at 7 and didn't get back until gone 9 and we're only just south of York. Usually we'd be back closer to 7pm but even still that's a long day by my books. I feel even more sorry for the folks who travel the length of the country!
I feel the BTCC is already a long day, and adding a morning practice session (or anything before 11am) would make it even longer, possibly too long.

Out at 7am and back over 12hrs later could already be argued as being too long, particularly for driving safely with a family in the car. Not wanting to sound like H&S police, but in my job we have to keep a close eye on the hours people drive before and after their shifts. No-one wants to see people out before 6am, and still driving home 16+hrs later just because there were some BTCC cars on track at 0930 that they didn't want to miss - or at least I know I wouldn't want to be sharing the same road as that driver.

7-8hrs of on-track actions is roughly the same as a typical working day, so add on the commute and it is fairly typical to the amount of time many people are out of the house for work. To me, that feels about right and I wouldn't want to push it any further.

If ironing out issues needs to be done, perhaps a 30 minute session run after qualifying later on the Saturday would make more sense, allowing teams to see what has been stressed on the cars and put them into race trim.