Thread: Nissan Leaf
View Single Post
Old 14 Jul 2017, 08:07 (Ref:3751097)   #4
nicanary
Veteran

Northern Ireland
Newtownards Co.Down
nicanary has a real shot at the podium!nicanary has a real shot at the podium!nicanary has a real shot at the podium!nicanary has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GORDON STREETER View Post
What I don't think is that has anyone looked at the bigger picture ? The majority of people that live in say the UK live in a street that is overcrowded with cars, a good percentage of them would probably only do a small mileage a day and an electric car would work, but where would they charge them ?
At the moment they are free of road tax, how would the government pay for road repairs ? I won't even think about people breaking down with flat batteries !
I think it's been a good number of years now since any Government in the UK used the road tax for road funding. Car tax is just a small proportion of a very big pot - road repairs are the least of their problems.

I've got a weeping shock absorber which the makers tell me is "wear and tear". It'll fail its MOT unless I fix it (£200) but I know full well that's it's potholes which caused it - front left wheel - the one that hits the kerbside potholes first. The car is only 2 years old.

Sorry - gone off topic.

Governments all over the world have gone anti-ICE in their bids to appear "green" and up-to-date with modern issues, but the alternatives just aren't practicable. All-electric is a pipedream.