Thread: IMSA DPi Discussion
View Single Post
Old 6 Dec 2017, 22:51 (Ref:3785541)   #3208
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chernaudi View Post
Random and probably stupid question, but anyone have a guess at what a DPI budget is? Watching an old ALMS race on You Tube it was claimed that in '03 that Champion Racing spent $4.5 million USD to run a full ALMS season.

I know it's kind of apples to oranges (15 year time gap/inflation, IMSA didn't have a true 24 Hour race on the schedule unless you counted Le Mans, etc), but I was wondering just for comparison's sake.
I seem to remember a 3-5 million number being talked about recently with the 24 playing a big part, obviously.