View Single Post
Old 14 Mar 2006, 17:20 (Ref:1548155)   #9
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by plutoman99
However, my search has thrown up another name I'd forgotten; Fred Krab - anyone remember him?
Dutchman, did some Formula Ford and F3 but then disappeared for yonks until he turned up in Euro Metro challenge in 1987 and then partnered some guy in Dutch Group A and some ETC rounds in 1988/89. Believe it was a Compaq sponsored Bimmer M3. It was at Donington 500 in 1988 anyway!

Re the others, Trott actually ran other guys in his FF2000 and F3 cars under RTR banner sometimes as well.

Dave Scott, he most certainly was a good driver and despite having some backing from Swift Caravans (family business I believe) he didn't get enough to do a proper assault on F3000 which is where he should have been in 1986 as he was still young enough compared to a lot of the others.

Trolle's career damaging shunt was actually at Brands Hatch in 1988 as well. Poor Michelle crashed heavily in saturday qualifying, and Herbert's was just after the restart on the Sunday.

Hesnault - yes I also think he was a wealthy rent a driver, perhaps bit more talented than the very similar situations of the Deletraz', Belmondo's and Barilla's who were much better in sportscars than in a single seater.

Petit certainly was a quick driver, he was in F2 for few years wasn't he and also did a few 3000 rounds?

Martinsson - hadn't actually heard of him, but he sounds like a Victor Rosso, Tomi Luthanen, Andy King or Jason Elliott to me. I.E bags of promise in Formula Ford but career peters out when they move up the ladder