View Single Post
Old 17 Mar 2009, 17:30 (Ref:2417563)   #58
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by R59 View Post
When I said to someone that I raced a Stock Car (while touting for sponsorship) they immediately came back and said "We don't do banger racing mate, try your local scrap yard". It's the persona that it's got in the UK, if not in Europe. In the 'States it's different, but for some reason you can't get that through to people over here, no matter how hard we try. And I did try, and still do try.

When I changed my tack to say that I raced in the "UK's answer to NASCAR" it got a more understanding response, or a "what's that", where "Stock Car" always got "oh, what? like Bangers?"

So, do you understand where I'm coming from here? Or is that chip on your shoulder too big?

Calling it Late Models will bring a "What's that then", rather than a "no, not interested"
And that in my opinion is a good thing.

Rob.
Okay, I understand why using the Late Model name.