View Single Post
Old 16 Sep 2011, 03:30 (Ref:2956206)   #1258
Audi Racer
Veteran

United States
Audi Racer has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
depending on the way you think about it there could be many answers. Because technically we could see it as the R18 was a petrol, then the R15 was a petrol then the R10 was a petrol and peugeot never entered with a diesel becasue no one else did it and then Audi wouldnt be under so much pressure and mcnish wouldnt have made that crazy move. Or the ACO wouldnt have slowed the cars down so much and therefore Timo would have been able to pass that GT car before the apex of that turn on power alone and mcnish wouldnt have had a chance to divebomb. see where I'm going. Its a big can of worms lol.

there;d have to be some kind of reason that the R18 suddenly became a petrol. that could be becasue the R15/r10 where petrols Or it was a sudden change of heart by audi.

even then we can't say that the R18 would be as fast in petrol config as in diesel config. Theyres no petrol to confirm that.

I think all of the pressure is imparted by Diesel itself. Audi vs. Peugeot is a marketing ploy. Both companies want to show up the other with their Diesel tech( a new relatively unexplored marketing area with diesel-lots of room to get loyal customers) on the race track. This pressure to be the best diesel trickles to the the race track and causes the incidents.

i feel almost as if if the R18 was petrol.

Last edited by Audi Racer; 16 Sep 2011 at 03:38.