View Single Post
Old 16 Sep 2011, 07:39 (Ref:2956291)   #1259
Mal
Veteran

England
London
Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!
This is a copy of what I just posted in the ALMS thread as it is more relavent here:

"I really don't think the diesels should be pegged back further. If anything the petrol cars should have a restrictor break. We saw at Silverstone that the Diesels are barely faster than a 25 year old group C car running in historic racing. You can also see that the lack of speed differentials on the straight is leading to more manoeuvres in the braking zones.

Having said that I dont think that a private team running on old grandfathered car should expect to be competitive with a full works state of the art car. But maybe they should 1 or 2 seconds off the pace rather than 3 or 4 which would mean they would be ready to pounce if the Diesels hit trouble.

The comparison should really be made with a fully modern petrol car like the ARX P1 which alas we haven't seen since Sebring, but was competitive there.

...and I still laugh at Dave Richard blaming the rules for wasting $25 million on the AMR One. That argument would have some weight if his car was competitive with the other petrol cars ... hell it was hardly even competitive with P2 cars."