View Single Post
Old 16 Sep 2011, 19:05 (Ref:2956532)   #1265
Félix
Veteran

MagnetON
Québec
Félix should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridFélix should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by TF110 View Post
Why do the Group C cars run 1 47's at Silverstone while the Rebellion's hit the same mark once? Tires? I thought the Group C cars were ancient history, wouldn't be competitive? Seems they're not so far off what modern Petrol cars are. This screams out lack of budget. Oak, Pescarolo, Rebellion and Aston Martin just don't have the funds or equipment necessary to keep pace. I sure hope Honda Nissan and Toyota realise this. I'm positive with they're talent and budget they can find 2 seconds with a works Petrol car.
What in the world do you think more budget is going to change when they lose most of their time on the straights? Just look at pictures from Silverstone: the petrol P1s have trouble passing P2 cars while the diesel P1 cars have speed that makes them an entirely distinct class. Just think about it: how bad do their chassis and aero have to be to explain such a gap in straightline speed?? We're talking about teams with years of experience like Pescarolo and Rebellion - yes quadrupling the number of team members and spending more on chassis development would help, but it would NEVER make up for stupid rules that give the diesels an unfair advantage. But yeah of course Audi and Peugeot are friends with the ACO and help them pay the bills so let's keep hoping for better (actual!) racing in 2013, 2014, 2015...