View Single Post
Old 9 Apr 2012, 18:13 (Ref:3055924)   #82
SAMD
Veteran

SAMD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSAMD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by barnettracing View Post
There will be no splitting of the lap records to reflect cars originally built to Zetec/Duratec regulations.

It is natural progression (even in a series as tightly controlled as FF1600) that the newer cars will be quicker. Also, as has been pointed out, although the ex-Zetec cars are quick, their designs were not optimised for the ACB10 tyres nor the weight distribution of the Kent engine.

For the avoidance of any doubt;

ANY CAR BUILT OR CONVERTED TO FF1600 'KENT' REGULATIONS IS ELIGIBLE TO BREAK A LAP RECORD ON THIS LIST. IT MUST HOWEVER BE BROKEN IN A RACE SOLELY FOR FF1600 CARS AND NOT AS PART OF AN INVITATIONAL CLASS IN ANOTHER SERIES/RACE/CHAMPIONSHIP.
I think it goes without saying (says he) that NO record will be broken through an invitational class in Ireland and I am sure on the mainland it would be the same. No self respecting FF1600 hot shoe is going to run at record breaking speeds in a non ff1600 race. Why have no World Champion race drivers such as TGF (Who I have the utmost respect for) returned to the likes of the FF Festival to try and win it? 'Cos there is nothing in it for them. They would be expected to win, so nothing gained if they do. But it is equally possible they would not win and where would that leave them?