View Single Post
Old 3 Apr 2017, 12:11 (Ref:3723495)   #52
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
I guess it depends for each of us what 'racing' actually means. For many (most, perhaps) racing connotes challenges between drivers for position - on track - not just strategy by the engineers dictated by tyres and other limitations. I'm not a fan of BOP either, because sometimes those dictating it get it very wrong (as with Ford and Ferrari at Le Mans last year) but for me, the very essence of 'non-racing' is a processional Grand Prix.
Interestingly, some of the best races in history have resulted in no overtaking. Think Mansell and Senna at Monaco in '92 - 10 laps of balls out driving from both of them, and not an overtake in sight.

Personally I love the long game, where you can see a relentless hunter pursuing their prey. Whether they get there or not is not the point - it's the thrill of the chase.

As you can imagine, I find the incessant focus on overtaking to be a bit confusing...