View Single Post
Old 3 Apr 2017, 20:26 (Ref:3723579)   #55
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sodemo View Post
I think for me the excitement comes from the possibility of an overtake, seeing an opponent slowly gain on another in the slipstream and be in a position to make a possible dive on the brakes in the braking zone. Surely we want to see drivers battling wheel to wheel in corners?
Yes, I do, sort of. What I don't really want is a sudden increase in position swapping four times a lap "because that's what the audience wants".

Maybe I have a longer attention span than those youngsters we're so often told want blood, guts and overtaking all the time.

Racing, yes. Racing has overtaking as a small component.