View Single Post
Old 27 May 2006, 08:12 (Ref:1619991)   #35
dj4monie
Veteran

United States
Reseda, California
dj4monie is heading for a stewards' enquiry!
Audi winning would usher in a new era in sportscar racing, as alt fuels will be in the forefront of thinking. Diesel power in Europe is normal, but not so much in America, but that's changing with Audi's TDI A6 and A8 sedans and Benz's Blu Tec cars (not to mention Blu Tec Chrysler 300's and Grand Cherokee SUVs).

I would love to see technology pushed to the limits like you can only do in endurance racing.

That being said, I would love to see Ives Courage get his victory. Mugen Power shouldn't be an issue and I expect them to be just as fast as the Pesca. If they can find some reliablity, it will be closer to the R10 than people think.

My "flying in the face of convention" pick -

Courage/Mugen

P2 is always a battle to see who finishes, not finishest first. How many times has the winning car been parked for the last hour of the event just to make sure it finishes? Or the winner declared because they completed over 70% of the race distance even though there car failed during the early daylight hours?

My Patriotic Pick - Intersport

My personal love of GT1 is just that a love affair with the highest peforming production based cars on the planet. Aston Martin and Corvette Racing are going to go at it TOOTH and NAIL for the entire race distance. I hope one of these days, we get Pay-Per View Le Mans, where I can mainly watch the GT1 battle... Don't forget about Acemco!

Something tells me this car will be around when the daylight dawns again about 8 hours from the finish.

Hoping they avoid contact with a slower GT2 car pick - Acemco

Well, finally GT2 and what is going to be a bahnburner for sure! I have a soft spot for Ford powered cars and I have to go with Panoz here. I don't care if its LNT or Multimatic, they have both shown the car has the pace to run with the somewhat unexpectally good Ferrari 430. This is going to be a car wrecker because I expect the pace to be just as silly as it is with the GT1 cars. Porsche for the first time in a LONG time most likely will not be the sexy pick here, but don't rule them out of a surpise class victory again.

My Pick - Team LNT/MultiMatic Panoz Esperante Powered by Ford ;D

Last edited by dj4monie; 27 May 2006 at 08:18.