View Single Post
Old 11 Jan 2009, 05:18 (Ref:2369175)   #2
aussieOW1
Rookie

aussieOW1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Based on what I've heard around the traps.. Ben Crighton will drive a TanderSport F307. Mat Sofi will drive his F307 / Mugen prepared by Astuti Motorsport. Also confirmed is Tom Tweedie in the ex-Alajajian F304 now prepared by RALT Australia and Graham Watson and will run in National Class. Jesse Wakeman will also be back in either the ex-Reindler 301 or an F304 if they can sell their current car. On tracks like Symmons Plains, Wakefield and probably winton the 304s have a good chance at Top three outright.

Scud Racing will run their F307 again but have not confirmed a driver.

Former Asian F3 operation Team Goddard has committed to running at least one, if not two, F307s in the series. No news yet on how the arrangement will work or what cars they will use but rumour has it they will be testing drivers soon.

Would also expect 2 x F307s from BRM, 1 '07 and an '04 from Piccola, an extra 07 from Astuti, and possibly extra cars from TanderSport and R-Tek.

Tim Macrow is also preparing the PHR Scuderia 304 / Renaults and looks likely to run one if not two this year.

I dont think grids will increase this year but if they can settle at 16 - 18 given the current ecenomic woes it will be great for Open wheel in Australia.

I note that according to the website the series has a new management group in place and the rumors i've heard out of the last meeting last year was that a potential name change and re-branding of the series was on the cards.

I hope it's a great season for F3!