View Single Post
Old 28 Apr 2012, 17:17 (Ref:3066619)   #6
The Original Instag8or
Racer

United States
Veneta, Oregon, USA
The Original Instag8or should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridThe Original Instag8or should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
NASCAR markets itself as rough and tumble racing, the type of which is common on short tracks, not so much on the big tracks. When you sell the general public the type of racing found on Bristol, Richmond and Martinsville, then fill the schedule with "boring" intermediate sized 1.5-2 mile tri ovals, the general public will fill cheated. Think of it as false advertisement.

Another form of false advertisement is the name of the cars being raced; National Association of STOCK CAR Auto Racing. Stock does not mean Spec, never has never will. I understand how the cars have evolved into what they are, as I have watched it happen. When it comes to FWD 4 and 6 cyl sedans being raced as V8 coupes, I wish NASCAR had never wavered from the initial "race what you sell" pertaining to bodywork and engines. I'd have rather seen it become 43 Ford Thunderbirds rather than phony Luminas and Grand Prixs circa 1991. 43 real cars is better than 43 spec cars, even if it boils down to one mfg.