View Single Post
Old 2 May 2012, 18:01 (Ref:3068394)   #11
Purist
Veteran

United States
Wichita, Kansas, USA
Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!
I could see some restructuring. Some of those farther-flung places aren't drawing, and there certainly is demand in the middle and the east. Rockingham is back on the Trucks calendar, so who knows. Also, most of the major ovals Cup isn't going to currently are shorter than 1.5 miles. Memphis and Gateway are back up and running. Also, I don't see Cup adding another road race in reality, so maybe Milwaukee could be an option.

This is just personal preference, but if they're going to have two races in Texas, I kind of wish they would do one at Forth Worth, and have the other at College Station (Texas World Speedway); TWS might even have to be a plate race given the size of the track and the banking there (2.0-mile oval with 22-degree turns).

NASCAR is going to have to make some changes, whether they want to or not; I just wish they could start making some of the right ones, because doing play-offs, and re-jigging the points system as they have, has NOT done the trick. Neither is redoing tracks to have higher banking when the racing could be perfectly good on the tracks as they were/are. They ouled up with the points system, and now the guys can't afford to be so aggressive on-track, so we all pay the price in terms of actual racing.