View Single Post
Old 9 Sep 2017, 05:51 (Ref:3765587)   #486
Purist
Veteran

United States
Wichita, Kansas, USA
Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!
I very much enjoy Potrero de los Funes as well, TF110.

Aside from not having the garages right on pit lane, it's fine. With how the verges and everything are done, it's basically an F1 street circuit, and I mean in the vein of Singapore (from just after Turn 16 to the exit of Turn 3), Valencia, or Sochi. Even so, the barriers are generally close to the track, and the surroundings and elevation changes are quite stunning. This also means you have no lack of frames of reference to discern the speed and maneuverability of the cars.

In addition, even the switchback section (Turns 16-19) is plenty wide all things considered.

For multi-class racing, I have thought that it might be better to bypass the Turn 11-13 chicane and add Tecpro or something like that on the outside of Turn 14.

Some other general information:

Termas de Rio Hondo itself has a population of roughly 28,000; Santiago del Estero, 70 km away, is about 245,000. San Luis is 14 km from Potrero de los Funes, with a population of 153,000 or so. Termas de Rio Hondo is ~400 km (approximately 50%) farther from Buenos Aires than San Luis.

Elevation:
Termas de Rio Hondo- ~870 ft
Potrero de los Funes- ~4,000 ft

(Lago (lake) Potrero de los Funes is a reservoir, and on the dam's Wikipedia page, the lake's surface elevation is listed as 3,970 ft.)