View Single Post
Old 26 Feb 2006, 18:42 (Ref:1531975)   #31
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Bellof almost certainly would have joined those two as one of the top 5 or 6 drivers throughout the remainder of the 80's and into the 90's.

But then we don't know what he would've done given top line equipment - i refer you to the many cases of when drivers with potential flop when they get the big chance. I suspect Mr Bellof wouldn't have had a problem though he was quite fearless and had ability to spare.

Yes Monaco '84 was a good race even Mansell could've won if he'd kept away from those white lines!!

Tell you another brilliant race, whilst it lasted was Rio '82. Messrs Gilles, Keijo and Nelson went at it hammer and tongs for the first 20-30 laps until ego's got involved and people didn't pit when they should've for fresh rubber, leading to sharp exits stage left for Gilles (or may have been right?!) otherwise the scrap would've gone all the way!

Marvellous stuff!

Is JYS' subliminal Nurburgring rain drive on the list? can't remember the year....