View Single Post
Old 2 Sep 2017, 02:18 (Ref:3763641)   #349
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JHamilton View Post
I may have some unpopular opinions regarding Sebring but I will keep most of those to myself. If you're going to Petit Le Mans though, I would count on some interesting palaver around the camp fire. [emoji23]

Firstly, I feel sorry for the British and European fans. My hope was that the spot given up by the COTA round would go to a classic circuit - where the fans are. Unfortunately, the quest for the almighty dollar always wins out. What is right and what happens aren't always the same thing, as they say around here.

This is more pertinent to another forum, but this certainly adds to Formula 1's power in the negotiations with Silverstone. That's pretty interesting isn't it? Hope you have your tinfoil hat nearby.

I'm very surprised that IMSA would agree to a separate event at Sebring. Which event is the true 12 Hours of Sebring? What will ticket prices look like and how is revenue split? Of course there is still quite a bit of time until this event and many details to work out. We don't know what either field will look like yet, so a combined race may still be in the cards.

It sounds like, as of this moment, they have taken travel into account at least. Sebring is not close to anything in the US and takes a long time to get to. I, like many Americans, have 10 days leave so taking an extra day on Monday that early in the year would be a difficult stretch and I am already traveling overnight to get to the event. It certainly would put a damper on traveling to other races during the year.

Sorry if I am being a wet blanket. I'm sure I will come around, but my initial reaction to this news was not positive.
Looking forward to the PLM talk and maybe so much here. I'm with you on personal and race weekend logistics. It's an odd idea ATM. My hopes is that this will be fine tuned to something more down to earth and perhaps we'll see some benefit for imsa's strong team / manufacturer entry internationally.