View Single Post
Old 2 Aug 2017, 11:54 (Ref:3756919)   #150
FAS33
Veteran

Australia
1st - 6th gear
FAS33 User had had their licence endorsedFAS33 User had had their licence endorsed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razzzor View Post
It was a schoolboy error, no one else went locking up into that corner that badly throughout the weekend. I expect more from Max.

But it was lap 1... I felt Ric was a bit harsh with his comments on him afterwards. Wonder if there's some distance between them in the garage. Sort of sounded like they're far from buddies and Dan wasn't kind on him, sore loser and amateur a couple of things I think I heard. Obviously not as bad as Webber/Vettel but still, doesn't sound like they get on that well. Rics supposed to be the nice guy of F1.

I guess he was thinking Max was a sore loser after apparently losing the position, but Dan was wrong he never fully had that position. It was Dan trying to pull the move off on the outside in a place where it's very difficult to stay on the outside there without contact. Plus Max would never have been in that position if Bottas had left him space on the exit of the previous corner, so it wasn't completely his fault that he got slowed. Still Max's fault of course, but that's racing, it wasn't on purpose. I was hoping to see a good RB battle with the top 2 teams so it's a shame it happened.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=s3a1vwsWz3c

Overtaking on the outside is a cake walk for Dan.