View Single Post
Old 4 Apr 2012, 22:36 (Ref:3053764)   #453
kurski
Veteran

Finland
kurski should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridkurski should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Le Mans Racing Magazine (Interview) Andre Lotterer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Mans Racing Magazine (Interview) Andre Lotterer View Post
What was it like when you arrived in Japan?

J"l Became good friends with Eddie Irvine`s manager when Eddie was a Jaguar driver. One day he advised me to go to Japan as Ralph Firman was leaving the Nakajima Racing. The team said to me: Bring your gear for a few months. If the test goes off okay you stay. Romain Dumas and Sebastien Philippe were also after the seat. The team selected me and I rang my girlfriend and told her i was staying. The cars, the circuits and the technical level really impressed me. The Japanese are fairly Cartesian. In motor Racing, they`re a bit more flexible, but you have to get to understand then and be very patient. For me it was no problem. I learned a lot in Japan. In hindsinght I find i`m closer to the Japanese mentality than to the American one for example. People are more genuine and respectful.

Is there a big difference between the GTs and The Formula Nippon cars?

Not really. The GTs are really very quick. They`re real monsters! We use more or less the same tyres so the driving style`s pretty similar. But when i came to race in the prototypes in Europe on Michelisn it was all very different. The GTs are mind-boggling as they have incredible mechanical grip and you ca really go head-to-head and that creates very exciting races.

In the GT races do you tag one another`s cars?

Yes. That's more up Ben's street than mine! But when you have to start nudging, I don't hesitate. The GTs take it in their stride better than the DTMs., although the Japanese don't like seeing that very much.