Thread: My little boy
View Single Post
Old 25 Feb 2014, 14:23 (Ref:3372043)   #16
Burfs
Rookie

Burfs should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
this post has been stagnant for a while but I thought I would give you my view on the Bambino karting scene - what a joke. My little lad has been "racing" with a bunch of lads for the best part of a year now and has always ended up mid-field. Not a problem. We heard "rumours" that a few dads and lads were cheating, running illegal engines and clutches but my wife and I decided that this could not be true, these kids are only 6 or 7 uears old, surely not...wrong. The MSA introduced a "sealed" engine for 2014 to try and stop these cheats, but the seal does nothing allowing unscrupulous parents to alter both the head, clutch and block so it does not seal the engine at all. I have been told that one engine of a "fast kid" was sent to be sealed and needed over GBP900 remediation work to take it back to legal. Not such a fast kid then. At Bayford this week a lad in a Bambino lapped the field of cars in 6 laps, ie he gained around 30 seconds on the last place kart - it was so fast it was genuinely laughable. So I have pulled my son out - he is not going to be canon fodder for someone elses ego, they are only 7 years old for heavens sake! And some of these idiot parents genuinely think their children will make it into formula 1 (and some do, they have told me so!). It is meant to be fun, not a means of early retirement...Sorry - rant over...